Kimball Community Trail Project
The Kimball Community Trail Committee has researched options and costs from a variety of sources, both civil engineering firms and local contractors. We have opted to use area resources to lower costs while supporting local businesses. Gravel was chosen to keep the cost in the project budget.
The campaign is being launched with donations from The Howard and Peggy Atkins Donor Advised Fund and from the Erin Aerni Memorial Fund. Future funding will be provided by 1:1 matching grants from the Howard and Peggy Atkins Donor Advised Fund up to $20,000.00. Those funds will double your contribution. Your $500.00 becomes $1000.00!!
Costs include miscellaneous construction costs, tree planting, signage, mulch, benches and rest areas, fencing, dog park fencing, maintenance, expansion and other enhancements.
Many volunteers have helped clean up the area, construct the path and plant trees. KAFF is overseeing and coordinating the trail. All contributions, large and small, are appreciated. Don’t forget they are tax deductible!
Benefits of the trail
• Fulfills a community driven, walkable and bikeable need per a recent Panhandle Health Survey Assessment
• Provides a minimal to no-cost recreation opportunity to area citizens and their families
• Enhances citizen health and safety by providing a safe alternative to busy streets and roadways for walking, running, and biking
• Makes our community a more attractive place to live and visit
• Starts a greater community trail initiative for future expansion
KAFF Grant Recipients
• Banner County FFA Chapter - $200
• Camp Grace - $1,000
• Carpenter Center - $1,000
• City of Kimball - $3,000
• Friends of the Goodhand Theatre - $4,500
• Friends of the Kimball Library - $1,000
• Keep Kimball Beautiful - $3,000
• Kimball-Banner Extension - $2,750
• Kimball Concert Association - $3,350
• Kimball County FFA Chapter - $200
• Kimball County - $5,377
• Kimball Fireworks Fund - $500
• Kimball Hospital Foundation - $2,900
•Kimball Police Department - $2,900
• Kimball Public Schools Challenge Day - $2,000
• Kimball Public Library - $1,500
• Plains Historical Society - $750
• Potter Historical Society - $5,000
• Village of Bushnell - Street Signs - $500
• Village of Potter - $4,775
Do you have a community project that KAFF can help with? Fill out these forms and email to: email@example.com